Bacon has been for a long time quite a delicacy. For every bacon lover, bacon jerky is the best bacon meal they can ever have. I can proudly confess that I am one of the bacon lovers. The reason why I love bacon jerky is that it is an appropriate meal for any time of the day.
If you love hiking, this is the perfect meal to take with you since you can have it just as you like at any time. If this is your first time to hear about bacon jerky, or you would love to know more about it and learn about some of its recipes, you are at the right place at the right time.
Let me teach you some facts you need to know about bacon jerky; I will also explain to you the step by step procedure on how to make bacon jerky so that you can enjoy the slow build-up of heat which is mellowed out by the sweet honey.
What is The Health Benefits of Bacon Jerky?
Just as it is a delicacy, bacon jerky has its several health benefits. They include:
- Proteins: Bacon jerky has a lot of proteins. Proteins play a very crucial role in your body since they are body building foods which will build your muscles and body at the same time. Proteins get synthesized to form amino acids which are necessary for the proper functioning of all your body systems.
- Cholesterol: If consumed in the right amount, bacon jerky will give your body almost 53 percent of the cholesterol you require in your body each day.
- Fat: Fat is essential in the bodies of human beings. This is because it will help in supporting and enhancing the health of your brain as well as reducing the extent of inflammation. The fats provided by the bacon jerky will, therefore, be very beneficial to you as an individual.
- Zinc: Zinc is a mineral that is useful in the body of every human being. It works a great deal in supporting and enhancing your immune system. It also enhances cell distribution which then enhances growth and development.
- Carbohydrates: Our bodies need a lot of energy to perform every function in the right way. This is the reason why carbohydrates are part of a balanced diet. Carbohydrates are defined as energy giving foods. Bacon jerky has carbohydrate content which measures less than five grams. For a diabetic victim, an ounce of bacon jerky will do her so much good
Guides to Making Bacon Jerky
- Bacon, one packet
- Sugar- brown
- Sriracha sauce
- Ensure that you preheat your oven to a temperature of 170 degrees
- Prepare your bacon by combining half of it with one cup of brown sugar
- Lay the bacon strips and place them in the oven to cook once it is ready. As you place the bacon strips, make sure that you can easily access the plain bacon strips
- Mix the honey with a part of the sriracha sauce
- Brush the mixture on your bacon after it has cooked in the oven for approximately a whole hour
- After about half an hour, you can brush the other side of the bacon with the honey and sriracha mixture. You can choose to skip this step yet your bacon jerky will still be yummy
- Let the bacon cook in the oven for at most two hours in total. Pull the rack out and feel free to check if your bacon jerky has attained the texture you want it to have.
- Powdered garlic
- Sugar- brown
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Season your bacon by placing the strips on a rack with spaces in between them. Seasoning is done by sprinkling the bacon with black pepper, garlic powder, and some little brown sugar. To make them absorb the spices, rub the strips gently. Do so on both sides
- Smoke your bacon for approximately two hours over a temperature of about 190 degrees. Make sure that you maintain a consistent temperature until you notice a color change that is almost insignificant
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 190 degrees and let the bacon get baked for at most three hours. To ensure that it doesn’t overcook, check it after every 15 minutes.
- Take out your bacon from the oven and place it on a plate. Make sure that you place a paper towel on the plate
- Serve your ready bacon jerky to family and friends. To enhance the taste, get rid of all the residual grease. If you want to save your delicacy for a later date, store it in a dark, cool and dry place. A vacuum food sealer machine will serve you better though.
Preservation Measures for Bacon Jerky
After your bacon jerky is ready, if you do not intend to serve it right away, you can preserve your delicacy by storing it in a zip lock bag. This works only if you want to store your bacon jerky for a short period, say three to four weeks.
In case your bacon jerky is moist, get a food grade desiccant bag. If you decide to remove moisture from your bacon jerky, place it in a paper bag first before you transfer it into a zip lock for storage.
For long term preservation, you can dry can your bacon jerky in a mason jar. This way, your bacon jerky will be in good condition until you consume it. Another great option is a vacuum seal bag. The vacuum seal bag will help retain the moisture of your bacon jerky but will keep out oxygen. This will prevent your bacon jerky from getting spoilt.
With these two preservation methods, you can be sure that your bacon jerky will be in good condition for months.
I hope that this article on how to make bacon jerky has been of great importance to you, considering that I have given some recipes to help you get started. Whether you are watching an exciting TV series, a football match or you are hosting some children for a play date; bacon jerky will come in handy.
It is a suitable meal for every occasion.Just make sure that you moderate the amount of bacon jerky that you take. Too much of it is likely to cause you tough health complications. Your health is very important, and therefore you should always take a lot of measures to keep it normal.
Now that you already have the tips on how to prepare a bacon jerky delicacy, make sure that you pick a pack of it as you shop. Have you ever taken a bacon delicacy using the cooking recipes outlined above? If not, can you tell us the recipe that you used to make your bacon jerky recipe? How was your bacon jerky delicacy?
Leave a comment on the article and let us know why you love bacon jerky.Feel free to make an inquiry on any issue that needs clarification, and I will be glad to offer my assistance straight away.